Thursday 13 December 2012

Bornfree Profile: Zintle from Kokstad, KwaZulu Natal


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com


Today we meet Zintle who hails from Kokstad:

 
Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently
My name is Zintle Siyothula, I'm from Kokstad in KZN and I stay here. I was born on 5 October 1994.

Who do you live with and where?
I live with my dad, mom, a brother and a sister, we stay in Extension 7 right here in Kokstad.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that
I was doing grade 12 at Carl Malcomess High School , I'm waiting for my results now and looking forward to be going to University next year.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?
After God I would say it's my grandmother because she is like a second mother to me and her Love for me overwhelms me sometimes, I just learn a lot about life from her.


Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
I admire my Dad because of the sacrifices he has made for us his children, I respect the way he raised me because I am this collected young woman today because of his teachings

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
The opportunities our country has placed in our grasp, there is absolutely nothing you can't achieve if you are truly determined.
 

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree
Yes, a large number of youth take for granted how important Education is. Not forgetting those who indulge in drugs and alcohol abuse because of course they can do as they please as they are 'free'


What's your idea of a perfect day?
A day out with my friends where we would have a lekker lunch first and then go to the movies.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
After Varsity I want to become a clinical psychologist, I would like to deal more with teens who suffer with depression and other psychological issues. One teen at a time I could slowly help mould the youth of this country to have a positive outlook on life.


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
The darkest hour is just before dawn, when the going gets tough never give up just know that there is a bright side to the darkest circumstance. And lastly make God the center of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment