Tuesday 11 December 2012

Bornfree Profile: Ayanda from Queenstown, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com
 
Today we meet Ayanda who hails from Queenstown:

Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently
Hi my name is Ayanda Nompume, I was born in Johannesburg on 22 September 1994, I am now currently living in Queenstown Eastern Cape, with my Mom, Dad, 2 Sisters, 1 Brother and my lovely Niece,


What are you doing currently and tell us more about that
I am currently attending school at Kwakomani Comprehensive School just passed my grade 11 and now moving to grade 12 next year of which I am very excited to go in, I love my school very much because it has a very rich history in quality education and extra curricular activities like music and many more.

 
Who is the most important person in your life and why?
The most important person in my life is God, my redeemer and my savior because he is always there even if everyone is gone, He knows and understands me. I look up to everyone who has contributed positively in my life and has helped me to move one step ahead and has helped me step forward.

 
Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
I am my OWN role model, I also look up to my Mother as she does not give up on us and tries by all means for us to have a better life and basically I look up to every young person out there who is trying their best to change the world to be a better place.

 
What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
There are many positive benefits of being a born free in SA because there are so many opportunities for each and every one of us like free education, communication, technology and having access to shows like these all we have to do is to use these to our advantage and not let them overpower us but grow and nature us.


Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree
Of course everything has its bad or negative aspects, today we put our lives in danger in many things like alcohol and drugs which result in teenage pregnancies and other diseases, we also move away from the many chances have and disrespect the old and claiming our many right and not fulfilling their responsibilities.


What's your idea of a perfect day?
My idea of a perfect day would include a youth that loves God, a youth that respects the old and parents who respect and listen to their children, families that stick together no matter what and a country free of corruption and selfishness and young people who strive to do what's right at all times and people who LOVE each other.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
My dreams would include doing a learners' license then a drivers' license, finishing and passing my grade 12 and go to varsity, a successful career in Economics and Banking, the best car and house filled with warmth, LOVE and understanding, with a couple of kids and a wife.
 

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
My message to all the bornfrees and the rest of the youth is #1 LOVE one another, #2 Be STRONG and courageous, #3 In the process of trials and having fun, NEVER lose yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment