Wednesday 19 December 2012

Bornfree Profile: Kati from Giyani


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Kati who hails from Giyani in Limpopo:

Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently
Hi, my name is Kati Maluleke. I'm from Limpopo and live in a small town known as Giyani. I've been staying there all my life. I live with my mom, brother and sister.

What are you doing currently and tell us more about that
I was doing my final year at high school so I guess that makes me a 1st year student 'cause I nailed the exams. Being in grade 12 is tough, its not easy as it looks.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?
The most important person in my life is my MOM because she has been with me through thick and thin.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
I don't have any role models 'cause I look up to myself. I'm my own role model because I admire the way I live my life

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
Being a bornfree has many benefits because there a many opportunities available for us. Technology has also made it more easier. Blacks are now exposed to different careers, for me this is the greatest achievement of democracy.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree
In the world that we live in today, we're more influenced by our friends more than our parents, this is a negative part of being a bornfree. Drugs and alcohol also affect our everyday life.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
My idea of a perfect day is going out with my friends or spending my holidays with my family.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
My dream is to become a geologist, travel the world and give back to my community.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Life is what we make out of it. We can build it or wreck it, the choice is ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment