Friday 7 December 2012

Bornfree Profile: Darrien from Durban


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Darrien who hails from Durban:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently
Hi my name is Darrien Samuel I'm from Durban and currently staying in an area called Kharwastan

 
Who do you live with and where?
I live with my parents and with my grandmother


What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that
I've just completed writing my matric exams.School for me has been such a wonderful experience, I value my education as I know many children out there do not have the same opportunities as me.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?
The most important person in my life would have to be God, having been brought up in a Christian home, I've learnt to put God first in whatever i do in my life.


Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
My role models would have to be my parents and grandparents they have taught me values that i would keep with me throughout my life's journey. They showed me nothing is impossible with God and that I should never give up on my dreams.


What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
Having been born in the year 1994, the year of democracy that was the year that everything had changed, we were now free from the apartheid era and the freedom that our parents and grandparents fought for were now evident.


Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree
in my opinion, there aren't any, the opportunities are endless, we are born into a generation that possesses endless talents and I'm sure that if we put our mind to anything it is achievable.


What's your idea of a perfect day?
A perfect day for me would be being around my friends and family just enjoying each others' company, enjoying good food and just living for the moment.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
Having being born into a musical family my dream is to one day be a successful musician preferably in the gospel industry and one of my goals is to achieve my BComm degree.


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
I would like to tell them to never give up on their dreams and although life may sometimes knock you down the most important thing to remember is to rise up and fight even harder than before.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment