Monday 10 December 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Nomzamo from Ga-Rankuwa, Gauteng


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com


Today we meet Nomzamo who hails from Ga-Rankuwa:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently
I am Nomzamo Msiza 18 years of age. I am an Ndebele girl. I live in Ga-Rankuwa.

Who do you live with and where?
I live with my mother, two sisters, my niece & nephew.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that
I was doing grade12 at Tebogwana High School.

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
It is my mother because she raised me up as a single parent she never gave up on me. She taught me a lot of things & I am what I am because of her. The love she has given & patience she has for me makes me feel special.

 
Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
My role model is my aunt because she is a hard worker and an optimistic woman.She always has a solution to any problem without hesitation. She is eager to learn more

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
You are able to move freely, speak to whoever you want to, go study at multi racial schools, live in the suburbs, interact with people of different races. No discrimination. It has brought many opportunities.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree
Yes, because many teenagers over use their rights. Coming across peer pressure & indulging in bad activities.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
A perfect day would be cooking my favourite dish. Having a picnic and spending a day with my friends.

What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
My dream is to obtain a hospitality management qualification. Open a restaurant in London. I just want to be successful.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Live your life to the fullest. Knowledge is power. You are wired for the future. Forward you go, backward never. Let's study hard & conquer! God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment