Monday 7 January 2013

Bornfree Profile: Sphe from Durban


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

 

Today we meet Sphe from Durban:

 
 

Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

My name is Sphe Ndwandwe, an 18-year old female born on 18 June 1994. I grew up in Glencoe but now I currently stay in Durban, both in KwaZulu Natal.

 
 

Who do you live with and where?

I live with my mother, father, older sister, younger brother, niece and nephew in Sea View, Durban.

 
 

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I was doing Matric at Durban Girls' College and now I anxiously await the 29th of December when we get our results.

 
 

Who is the most important person in your life and why?

God is the most important 'person' (if I can call Him that) in my life. He is my everything and I completely depend on and trust Him. Through the great and tough times He's been there for me and with me and I can honestly say there is none like Him.

 
 

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

I don't have a specific person I can say is my role model because I try to live my life God's way, the way He says we ought to live in His Word.

 
 

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

The opportunities we have got for being Bornfrees are countless! Being in the group that was in grade 1 in 2001, grade 2 in 2002 all the way to matric 2012 sets us apart from the other years. As Bornfrees we are special and unique and the world is our oyster!

 
 

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

As with everything there are always positives as well as negatives. I would say that since we are Bornfrees many of us take for granted just how much was sacrificed so we could live in a democratic country and be Bornfrees. And so we don't really appreciate what we have as much as we're meant to. All we generally do is complain instead of appreciate. And we tend to often do what we want and claim it's our right when we are actually overdoing things. We forget how much was done for us to get those rights we so willingly throw around unnecessarily.

 
 

What's your idea of a perfect day?

For me a perfect day would be one spent with my friends donating blood and doing anything else as long as we do it together

 
 

What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

I would love to do well in matric then complete my degree - BSc (Software Development) at Rhodes and get a good paying job and have a great husband and some kids. I would like to achieve everything that God placed me on this earth to achieve. Everything that is in His plan for my life!

 
 

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

It is important that we appreciate the things people do for us no matter how small and as Bornfrees we should be the change we want to see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment