Wednesday 2 January 2013

Bornfree Profile: Shango from Waterval, Limpopo


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Shango who hails from the beautiful Waterval in Limpopo:

Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently
I'm Shango Molemo Ramabulana, I was born in 1994 on the 7th of July, I love comedies and animations, my favourite music genre is Metalcore, I wear my watch on my right hand, my favourite countries are South Africa, Britain and Australia, I love tea.


Who do you live with and where?
I'm from Limpopo Waterval and that's where I'm currently staying, I live with my 3 Brothers, mom and my dad,

What are you doing currently and tell us more about that
I'm a secondary student at Waterval high, doing my matric , well, I'm actually waiting for my results, which are due the 3rd of January 2013,


Who is the most important person in your life and why?
The most important person in my life are my family, I know it was suppose to be an individual as in one person, some of us don't work like that.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
I have no role models, I don't do such.

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
The benefit of being a bornfree is that I don't get to hear gunshots, I've never heard one, I last heard one in a movie, and I don't have to run awat from frisky bull dogs and whips, I get everything I want.


Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree
The negative aspect of being a bornfree is being stuck in a country which is politically umstable, corruption, and worst of all "BEE"

What's your idea of a perfect day?
My idea of a perfect day is listening to my favourite band- Asking Alexandria, Memphis May Fire, Of Mice And Men, Bring Me The Horizon, Capture The Crown, Enter Shikari, Woe Is Me, BBC, watch the Jeremy Kyle Show, have any many cups of tea as I can, watch comedies with my brother, make jokes, and gain 1000+ Twitter followers

What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
A dream for myself or what I want to achieve is to become a lawyer, and to have a rock band as a lead vocalist.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
A message I would share with other Bornfrees is that they shouldn't live fast and die fast just to have a good looking corpse, Avoid drinking and smoking if you don't, if you do, try dealing with your habit.

Can't judge you because I haven't tried any of those things (drinking and smoking) and live for success, make yourself the centre of your life, laugh as much as you can, stay happy, stay fit, and be aware of the political state of South Africa, it's mortifying, respect your elders, travel and make as many friends as you can, learn to believe in yourself.

BORNFREES → "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
My Twitter and Instagram handle is @dropdead_emo, go follow. Visit and follow http://www.ramabulanasm.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment