Wednesday 26 September 2012

Bornfree Profile: Lisa-Marie from King Williams Town, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com
 

Today we meet Lisa-Marie who lives in King Williams Town in the Eastern Cape:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

My name is Lisa-Marie Taylor and I'm from Breidbach, King Williams Town


Who do you live with and where?

I'm currently living with my grandparents in Breidbach.


What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I'm currently in grade 10 at Breidbach Senior Secondary School and hoping and praying for the best for me

 
Who is the most important person in your life and why?

The most important person in life is God first and then my parents. Because if it was not for him I wouldn't be here today.

 
Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

My role models is Rebecca Molope and Dr Phil because the care so much for poor children and people.


What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
The benefit of being a Bornfree is because of us being born in the post-apartheid era and now into a new and democratic South Africa.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

We are in constant wonder of yesterday and if the new South Africa was really transformed? What would have been left of me if I were born in the apartheid era.

 
What's your idea of a perfect day?

My perfect day is waking up at 6am, getting myself ready for school. Leaving school in a good mood. Getting home and studying and then enjoying myself with my family and friends.

 
What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

My vision is to finish school and I really want to study to become a doctor. I want to be able to look after my family (parents, brother and sister)
 

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Work towards your career and look up to bigger persons and remember the most important thing is that respect goes a long way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment