Tuesday 25 September 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Nompumelelo from Mpumaze, KZN


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com


Today we meet Nompumelelo from Mpumaze in KwaZulu Natal:

 
Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

I am Nompumelelo Mpungose and I am currently studying at Mpumase where I was born and grew up. I live with my family and my grandmother, sisters and brothers at home.

 
What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I am doing grade 10 at Spinoso High School and doing the following subjects: History, Geography, Life Sciences, Maths Literacy, Zulu, English and Life Orientation. My class teacher is Mr Ntuli and my school is at Mpumaze reserve in Eshowe.

 
Who is the most important person in your life and why?

My grandmother is the most important person in my life because she guides me at home and she helps me with many things.


Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

My role model is Rihanna, I admire her way of dressing.


What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

As a Bornfree I know my rights and I use them wherever necessary.


Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

Others misuse our rights like misbehaviour and not respecting their parents telling them that they have rights.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

I want to be a social worker when I grow up


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

To other Bornfrees I would say let us focus on our future and not forget about our rights because we need to stand up for ourselves and prepare for our future without giving our parents a hard time.

 
Special thanks to Children of the Dawn for connecting us to Nompumelelo: www.childrenofthedawn.org.za

 

No comments:

Post a Comment