Thursday 20 September 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Lucky from Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Lucky from Bushbuckridge in Mpumalanga:

 
Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

My name is Lucky Mashego and I am staying in Shangaan Hill Trust in Bushbuckridge. I am staying with my mother, my elder sister and my younger brother at my grandfather's house.

 
What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I am schooling at Magabotse High School and am doing grade 11 this year. At school I am playing soccer on Sunday and going to church.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?

The most important person in my life is my mother because she has played an important part in my life. She has got a strong heart, even if things are hard for her she keeps praying. She does not lose hope. She keeps fighting til she gets what she wants and that's why I am proud of her.  


Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

My role model is Sechaba who went from a street kid to a famous musician.

 
What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

We are getting child grant support and even food parcels from the Center even school fees and books are free at school now. I can have a white friend.

 
Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

The negative aspects is that some young girls get pregnant because of the child support grant and some other people use these rights in teh wrong way.


What is your idea of a perfect day

It will be the day I hold my Senior certificate in my hand.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

I want to see myself working and even driving my own dream car and also taking care of my family.


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

Let us use this opportunity in a good way,


Special thanks to Children of the Dawn for connecting us to Lucky: www.childrenofthedawn.org.za

 

No comments:

Post a Comment