Friday 28 September 2012

Bornfree Profile: Lawrence from Polokwane, Limpopo



Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Lawrence who lives in Polokwane, Limpopo:

 
Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

My name is Lawrence Makoti. I school at Kwenamolapo CFS. My hometown is Polokwane in Limpopo province. I currently  live at Chartwell Country Estate and have lived there since 2002 with both my parents and I'm the last born in my family.


What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I'm currently in school, Grade 12/ Matric. I've done well with my studies till this day and I'm also currently doing marketing with Boston under ORT SA, since 2010. It's a 3 year course and this is my final year. Next year when I get my matric certificate I will also receive my marketing certificate.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?

The most important person in my life is my mother as she is the best person ever, not to say that my father isn't but the love of a mother is always greater.


Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

I look up to people who are successful in life and who are living their dreams.


What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

The benefits of being a Bornfree is that you are unique in a way that you are exposed to so many things in life, which also includes the things of the apartheid era.

 
Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

Being a Bornfree also puts us under pressure as we are regarded as the hope of the nation, we have the responsibility to elevate our country to even more greater heights for a better life for all.

 
What's your idea of a perfect day?

My idea of a perfect day is when I'm just chilling with my whole family, laughing together and enjoying each others' company.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

My goals for life is to see myself having a successful job. Travelling to other countries and driving a golf GTi. I want to study for Audiovisual Communications next year at University of Johannesburg and hoping for the best for myself and my future.


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

My message to the Bornfrees is live your life to the fullest, enjoy every moment and make the most out of yourself and remember YOLO but play safe as well.

Special thanks to Matshelo Youth Organisation for connecting us to Lawrence: http://www.matshelo.org/ui/forms/Home.aspx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment