Friday 21 September 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Murse from Nelspruit, Mpumalanga


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

 
Today we meet Murse from Nelspruit in Mpumalanga:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

I am Thapelo Eugene Mhlongo. I am known as Murse by my mates. I was born in Mpumalanga, Nelspruit in a township called Matsulu.

I live with my mom, dad and 3 older sisters.

 
What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I am doing grade 12 at Lekazi Central High. I am doing grade 12. I'm in a history class, enjoying every minute of it. I also have life sciences, Afrikaans, English, Swazi, math lit and L.O. I was part of a government survey called Youth Cares for 2 years. I also am a member of the school debate team. I very much believe in education. It is the only way one can make it in life.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?

The important person in my life is my mom.

 
Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

As a role model I look up to Dale McKinley. He is an activist, indipendant

writer and a lecturer. What I like about him is that he speaks the truth.

 
What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

Benefits of being a bornfree does not go further than the fact of being

born into democracy. That alone is a benefit for the 676 999 people born in 1994, oh, and I, then it totals up to 677 000. Segregation, discrimination and all forms of oppression are stories to us (only they are true).


Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

Negative about being born free is the abuse of the rights that we heard

about from before when we were born, so let us say it's a positive.


What is your idea of a perfect day

I picture a perfect day as being one filled with joy, happiness and laughter.

 
What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

I dream of being one of the top advocates. And anything of association

with the law.

 
What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

My message has to be that of staying drug-free, enjoy the honour of being born in S.A.

 
I would like to share views on issues concerning "Us" with other

@bornfreesSa tweeps. My handle is @MURSE_MONTANA.

 

Special thanks to Murse for connecting with us via twitter @BornfreesSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment