Monday 1 October 2012

Bornfree Profile: Victoria from Fochville, Gauteng


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Victoria who lives in Fochville, Gauteng:

Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

I am Victoria Seipati Motaung and I was born in on 14 May 1994 at Sebokeng hospital and we then moved to Fochville in Gauteng, that is my current town. I'm a Bornfree who has had many challenges in life: at sixteen I fell pregnant because of peer pressure not knowing what I want in life. It was not easy but that challenge has built me into what I am today and I'm doing my matric because of determination and hard work. It was not easy handling motherhood, teenage-hood and school work more especially with the subjects I'm doing because of God and the great mother he blessed me with I made it and I'm thankful. I live with both parents and 2 sisters and my baby boy at Fochville.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I am attending school at Thuto Kitso Comprehensive and I'm doing my final year - I have served my 12 years and finally I'm on the end of my school journey.

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
My mom is the most important person in my life because she has played a big role she has always been there no matter what when everybody turned their backs on me she has always been there and of course my son is most important because he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He gives me the best days of my life even though he didn't come at the right time.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

Tata Nelson Mandela is a role model to me, I admire him because he made a difference in the world: he touched so many lives and he fought for my freedom.

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
The benefit of being a bornfree is being free - we didn't go through pain we were not tortured.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

I think there are no negative impacts of being a Bornfree, even though we tend to abuse what we didn't fight for. We abuse the freedom we have because we don't seem to know the pain of fighting for it.


What's your idea of a perfect day?

My idea of a perfect day is a day that's full of laughter and joy no tears.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

My short term goal is passing my matric with university exemptions and my long term goal is that I want to be a teacher and make a difference in someone else's life.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
I would to tell other Bornfrees that this world is ours, we are the next presidents and we are going to make a difference with our education. An educated nation is a rich nation. Bigup to the Bornfrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment