Tuesday 2 October 2012

Bornfree Profile: Kgotso from Diepsloot, Gauteng


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Kgotso Monyela from Diepsloot, Gauteng


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

I live with my Mom at Diepsloot. I am attending school, doing matric, then after matric, wanna pursue with my career of journalism.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?

Most important person, is my mom, because she's the one whose taking care of me.


Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

Kenny Kunene is my role Model cause I also like Money *lol*


What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

Being a born free is pretty awesome, because we don't get abused, we can participate everywhere unlike those who lived in the past, we get opportunities to attend schools, etc.


Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

NO negative aspect...


What's your idea of a perfect day?

To stay away from silly things and be focused.

 
What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

Just to see myself out from Diepsloot (kasi), I want live a good life and travel around the world.


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

"To be proud of themselves as Born frees" and to make everything possible.


Special thanks to Matshelo Youth Organisation for connecting us to Kgotso: http://www.matshelo.org/ui/forms/Home.aspx

 


 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment