Wednesday 10 October 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Katlego from Johannesburg, Gauteng


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA


Today we meet Katlego who hails from Johannesburg:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently
I am Katlego Mpshe born on 09 September 1994 in Baragwanath hospital, Soweto. I am currently staying in Mofolo Central, Soweto where I was born and raised.


Who do you live with and where?
I live with my mother and brother. I am currently doing matric at Morris Isaacson High School in Jabavu, Soweto. I am doing science subjects. My favourite subjects are life science, english and geography.


What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that
Matric has not been easy and I gave my all throughout the year.I plan on doing well in my final exam.Next year I want to study politcs or a BA degree in Geography.

 
Who is the most important person in your life and why?
My role model is my mother. She has been a single parent all my life.She raised me to be the person that I am. I am thankful for all her hard work and dedication.


What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
Being a Bornfree means that you are one of the select few who were born into a democracy. You have the privileges that the generation before you never had. You have endless opportunities to fulfill your dreams and aspirations.


Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree
There is no negative to being a Bornfree, besides the high expectations.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
My perfect day is being at home and having lunch with my mom (yes, I'm a mama's baby).


What dream or goal do you have for yourself?
I want to leave a mark in this world and have an impact on people's lives. I hope that I will reach my goal of being a politician or and environmental manager.


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
I wish all the Bornfrees well and may they work hard and make it in life. The world is their oyster♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment