Thursday 18 October 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Rudi from Ermelo, Mpumalanga


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA
 

Today we meet Rudi who lives in Ermelo which is in Mpumalanga (did you know that two of South Africa’s most famous musicians come from Ermelo, namely Jennifer Ferguson and the late Lucky Dube):

 
Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently.
I am Rudi Alan Botha born 20 January 1994. I am a sport enthusiast and a technology boffin. I love language and am very precise about my words. I was born in Durban. I live currently in Ermelo.

Who do you live with and where?
In Ermelo, with my mother and step-father. But I will be returning home, to Durban, when I have completed my NSC examinations.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that
Currently a matric student, at Ligbron Academy of Technology. I love my school, and I love sport, I have played 1st team cricket and hockey since grade 9. But above all I love My Lord.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
Dale Steyn. He is my role model. I follow him in every way, not only in sport, but also in my life. He is a avid Christian, and he does all to the glory of God.

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree?
Being a Bornfree, is one of the best things in our country. Being able to share love for our fellow citizens without any boundaries. I have many black friends, many of whom are my best friends.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree?
Many people still live with grief and expectations of ' the world owes me everything'. White people are still blamed for all the bad occurrences, although we have had nothing to do with any political happenings.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
A perfect day, would be with my girlfriend on the beach, enjoying the sun, sand and sea.

What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
I want to become a successful graphic designer, and to help as many people achieve their dreams. I also want to play hockey for our National team.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Stay focused on your dreams, never waver in your journey until you achieve it. Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment