Thursday 4 October 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Onga from King Williams Town, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Onga who lives in King Williams Town in the Eastern Cape:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

I am Onga Mtyobile and i was born in Bhisho hospital. I am currently in King Williams Town. My parents are in Cape Town.


Who do you live with and where?

I live with my Granny, Uncle, two cousins, aunt and my Granny's big brother.


What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I am a pupil in Breidbach Secondary School and I am in Grade 11. I do accounting, business studies, history, maths, Afrikaans as a first additional language and English as home language.


Who is the most important person in your life and why?

My mother because she gives up everything to make me what she never was.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

My role model is Joseph, son of Abraham in the Bible. What I admire in him is that he kept the faith and thought all his challenges his ambition and attitude did not change and at the end he became successful.
 

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
The fact that I have an endless list of rights I can choose from unlike my parents who had only a few things to do. One more thing is freedom of one's opinion.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

Yes, there are. The youth of today can get pregnant and abort a baby. Another negative aspect is that no teacher can make me do what I don't want to do, because I have more rights than that teacher.


What's your idea of a perfect day?

Waking up, washing myself and going to school while listening to music. Coming back to school and practicing accounting. Ending my day with going to church. Don't forget eating at least three times :)


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

I want to become an Entrepreneur or Politician or Lawyer. My dream is to be something that a lot of people will be able to gain something out of me. I love working for the people.


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
You only live once on earth. Make sure everything you do has a positive impact on your life. Be just in any situation and you will be a leader.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment