Thursday 11 October 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Portia from Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

 
Today we meet Portia from Bushbuckridge in Mpumalanga:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

My name is Portia Mokoena and I am 18 years of age, born 10 June 1994 and doing Grade 12. i am from Bushbuckridge in Mpumalanga.


What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I live with my mother and my younger sister Precious in a rural village.

I am currently attending school at Marcia Mokoena Secondary School.

 
Who is the most important person in your life and why?

The most important person in my life is my mother because she is always there for me through good and bad times.

 
Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

My role model is my ma'am who is a social worker and what I admire about her is that she has the heart to help those that are less fortunate and she is bringing a change in the community.

 
What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

You can do whatever you want and there are always opportunities for us


Are there negative aspects of being a Bornfree

No there are no longer impossibilities that were there before

 
What is your idea of a perfect day

My perfect day is one where you always focus on good things and get something good that you didn't expect

 
What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

One day I want to see myself being involved in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and then after achieving that I want to help others


What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

Let us focus on good things in order to bring about change and be a good example outside our country


Special thanks to Children of the Dawn for connecting us to Portia: www.childrenofthedawn.org.za

 

No comments:

Post a Comment