Friday 19 October 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Robin from Somerset East, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Robin who hails from Somerset East in the Eastern Cape:

 

Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

My name is Robin Hartnick and I'm from Somerset East in the Eastern Cape

 

Who do you live with and where?

I live with my aunt in Somerset East's Aeroville

 

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I'm at home looking after my baby, I was attending school for a half year then I fell pregnant.

 

Who is the most important person in your life and why?

My baby Ashwin, because he is my full responsibility now and I have to take care of him.

 

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?

Yes, Oprah Winfrey. She has passion in what she's doing, and she helps the poor people.

 

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

The fact that bornfree kids we born in 1994 when the country became free from the apartheid era.

 

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

No

 

What's your idea of a perfect day?

Being with my family and friends.

 

What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?

To be a successful Doctor/Medical Practitioner

 

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

Be proud to be a Bornfree kid because we are lucky to be Bornfrees.


Special thanks to Mnandi Entertainment in Somerset East for connecting us to Robin! Follow them on twitter @mnanditainment or http://www.reverbnation.com/mnanditainment
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment