Monday 8 October 2012

Bornfree Profile: Shiluva from Gauteng


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com


Today we meet Shiluva from Johannesburg:


Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

I am Shiluva Fragrance Mdaka, a Xitsonga speaking girl from Limpopo in a small village called Njhakanjhaka. I was born on the 11th of April 1994, I am currently staying in Johannesburg in Braamfontein
What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that
I am currently doing my first year in the field of civil engineering at Brooklyn City College Braamfontein campus, and I just completed N4 and was awarded a certificate.



Who is the most important person in your life and why?
My mom is the most important person in my life, because being a single parent and playing both roles of being a mother and a father to your child its not an easy thing to do.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
My mom is my role model, I admire all the hardwork and self esteem she taught while I was growing and thanks to her that I made it this far.



What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree
We are living in the century where opportunities just come knocking in our doors, unlike us chasing them; that's what I consider the benefit of being a Bornfree.


Are there negative aspects of being a Bornfree
Negative aspect of being a Bornfree is that, we children of today are misusing the concept of being a Bornfree by doing as we please without thinking of the effects it will bring to the person next to you.



What is your idea of a perfect day
My idea of a perfect day is having all the most important people in your life around you, guiding you about each and every aspect of life.


What dream do you have for yourself, or a goal you want to achieve?
I would love to own a construction company, that's my dream. The goal that I aim to achieve is to get a degree in the field I am currently studying, and would love to give a positive feedback to my community, as it takes the whole entire community to raise a child.



What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Today's victories and failures are tomorrow's motivation, and the words "I can't do it" shouldn't be part of our vocabulary because with God everything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment