Tuesday 6 November 2012

Bornfree Profile: Anele from Johannesburg


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA

Today we meet Anele from Johannesburg:

Tell us who you are and where you're from, and staying currently

Anele Ngcobo is a daughter, a sister, a friend, a God-fearing child, a writer, poet and singer. I am the youngest of three girls originally from KZN, Durban, Westville. My family relocated to Johannesburg in 1999, when I was 5.

 
Who do you live with and where?

I currently stay in Northcliff with my two sisters and both my parents.


What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that

I am currently in Grade 12, preparing for my Final Matric exams at Parktown High School for Girls.

 
Who is the most important person in your life and why?

The most important person to me is God. I believe that God is my creator and He is the only person in life who will never let me down. God is the source of my strength and I will always look up to Him.


Do you have a rolemodel?

My current role model is Jabulile Buthelezi, a black female journalist. She is doing what I aspire to be and she has helped me in many ways, to develop a character that will help me face the real world, especially in the journalism field.


What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree

There are so many benefits of being a Bornfree. We were privileged to be born in a democratic era where we are all seen as equals. We are no longer divided and we all have the same opportunities.

 
Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree

The only negative aspect of being a Bornfree is that we are the very first Bornfree Generation. Everybody is looking to us to bring change, and although it is very possible, it just adds a bit of pressure because the nation is depending on us.


What's your idea of a perfect day?

A perfect day to me would be waking up to beautiful weather, with no worries, what so ever. 


What dream or goal do you have for yourself?

My dream is to be placed where ever God wants me to be placed. As long as my attributes are valuable and I am making a difference.

 
What message would you share with other Bornfrees?

I would like to share this quote by Bob Dylan with other Bornfrees: “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” We will only be heroes once we have understood our responsibility as Bornfrees.

Special thanks to HDI Youth Marketers for connecting us to Anele!  http://www.hdiyouth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment