Tuesday 20 November 2012

Bornfree Profile: Asandile from King Williams Town, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA


Today we meet Asandile from King Williams Town in the Eastern Cape.


Tell us who you are and where you're from and staying currently
I am Asandile Mzana and I am from Gauteng, but am currently staying in Phakamisa Township in the Eastern Cape.

Who do you live with and where?
I live with my Grandpa and Grandma in a little township in King Williams Town called Phakamisa.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that?
I am currently attending Breidbach Senior Secondary School and am doing grade 11. My subjects are: English, Afrikaans, Business, Math Literacy, Geography, History and Life Orientation.

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
My mom because without her I wouldn't be here in this right place and I wouldn't be able to achieve my goals.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
My role model is Anaso Jobodwana. He inspires people to not give up and that you must keep pushing if you want to reach your goals.

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree?
Because we were all born into a new democratic country.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree?
That we are free in our politicals rights, but inside we are still slaves. We still treat each other badly and not as equals.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
It is when you have a bright, happy and loving day every morning when you wake up thinking positive thoughts.

What dream do you have for yourself, or goal you want to achieve?
My goal is to be a lawyer and also a soccer player. I want to achieve it, being positve in myself

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
You must be proud of yourself, think positive thoughts and be proud of being South African.

No comments:

Post a Comment