Friday 23 November 2012

Bornfree Profile: Mapesu "Buzz" from Limpopo



Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com


Today we meet Mapesu nicknamed "Buzz" from Botlokwa in Limpopo who is one of our most active Bornfrees Facebook friends:


Tell us who you are and where are you from, and staying currently?
 I'm Mapesu "Buzz" Ramahuma, a 17year old from Ramokgopa Village, Botlokwa in Limpopo.. I'm in grade 11 doing Commerce at Sefoloko Secondary School.

 Who do you live with and where?
 I'm living with both my parents, my niece, sister and two brothers

Do you have role models and what do you admire in them?
 Yes i have a role model, she is Charlotte Maxeke. I admire her a lot as she managed to achieve a lot in her life, being the first black women to graduate with BSc for one. But the reason I look so much up to her is that she was born in my village.

 What is the benefit of being a bornfree?
The benefit of being a bornfree is that we are born in freedom where many social and welfare needs for under privilaged people are provided. So bornfrees cannot make poverty an excuse for not getting the right education

What is your idea of a perfect day?
 My idea of a perfect day is a day that I will just spend painting.


What dream and goals do you have for yourself?
 My goal is to win a Thuthuka bursary and my dream is to one day be a Chartered Accountant


 What message do you want to share with other Bornfrees?
 My message to other Bornfrees is that you don't have to be a nerd or a genius to have a bright future. No one was destined to become a failure, motivate your own self, discipline yourself and achieving anything will be your cup of tea.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment