Tuesday 27 November 2012

Bornfree Profile: Desiree from North West


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com

Today we meet Desiree from Lichtenburg in North West Province. We're really excited to hear from our first Bornfree representing North West!  

Tell us who you are and where are you from,and staying currently?
My name is Desiree Mogorosi.I am 18 years old and I am currently staying with my family. I am an imaginative dreamer with ambitions.

Who do you live with and where?
I live with my family that consist of my mum,dad,5 year old brother and 15 year old sister.We live in North West, Lictenburg in Boikhutso location.

What are you doing currently?
I am currently in matric in Hoerskool Lichtenburg and I will be going to University next year in UFS or NWU mafikeng campus to study BA communications

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
My mum because she is a strong woman.I am what I am because of her.

Do you have role models and what do you admire in them?
Yes my sister Kealeboga she is a perfectionist and inspires me to be more than I am.My brother Bakang,growing up he faces new challenges everyday and knows how to handle them very well and that keep me going in life.

What is the benefit of being a bornfree?
The benefits of being a born free is being born in a democratic country and having the privilliages that other children did not have in the 1970s and i admire them for what they were going through.

Are there any negative aspects of being a bornfree?
Yes,because some bornfrees take advantage of their human rights and rebel against their parents.

What is your idea of a perfect day?
A cloudy weather, in an atmosphere of loving and caring people, good music and enjoying great company of friends.

What dream and goals do you have for yourself?
My goal is getting a BA degree in communications move to Cape Town and work as a radio Dj, journalist or T.V presenter and my dream is being Miss South Africa.

What message do you want to share with other Bornfrees?
Education is the key to success, don't give up and believe in yourself, make the worst situation your best and live everyday like it's your last.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment