Tuesday 6 November 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Bukiwe from Alice, Eastern Cape

Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA

Today we meet Bukiwe from Alice in the Eastern Cape.


Tell Us Who You Are and where you're from and staying currently
I am Bukiwe Stofile. I was born at Frere Hospital in East London on the 6 of February 1994. I'm living in Alice with both my parents. I have one sibling , a sister, and I'm the first born. I'm currently doing grade 11 in Breidebach Secondary School.

Who do you live with and where?
I'm living with both my parents and my sister. We all live in Alice, but since my father got employed by BP in East London they all have to move their whilst I stay at athe hostel of Bredebach Secondary School.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that?
I'm currently attending school. I've been at Breidebach Secondary School since 2010. I do the following subjects: English, Afrikaans, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Geography and Life Orientation.

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
The most important person in my life is my mother. She played and is still playing a great role in my life which I can look up to as I'm growing up and I'm still walking in her footsteps today.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
My mother will always be my role model, because the way I admire her is unconditional. She taught me how to live my life in order to be a successful woman. One thing she told me which I'll never forget is that "first impressions last longer"

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree?
The benefits of being a Bornfree is that we didn't experience the times of apartheid and the way people were treated back then.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree?
No, not that I know of. We as Bornfrees were born in a democratic time. Although sometimes we do face the after effects of Apartheid like discrimination and racism, and we face them daily.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
My perfect day is waking up at 05:30 and pray thanking God for giving me an opportunity to live and breathe, then preparing for going to school. Having some fun and having my day well spent.

What dream do you have for yourself, or goal you want to achieve?
I want to achieve a dream of being in the music industry, singing gospel as I'm a fan of gospel because that's who I am, growing up loving God. I'd like a career of doing a Bachelor of Arts.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Never worry yourself about what happened during Apartheid. Today, we have to strive for what we are longing for and setting goals for ourselves and also to dream big and high.

No comments:

Post a Comment