Friday 16 November 2012

Bornfrees Profile: Diego from King Williams Town, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA

Today we meet Diego from King Williams Town in the Eastern Cape.


Tell us who you are and where you're from and staying currently
Hi my name is Diego Saunders I am from King Williams Town, but was born in East London and I stay with my sister. I have four sisters and two brothers. Two of my sisters is from my mother and the rest are from my father.

Who do you live with and where?
I live with my sister in Breidbach in King Williams Town.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that?
I am a learner at Breidbach Senior Secondary School in King Williams Town and I am in Grade 10

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
My parents are the most important because they were there when I was born. They look after me and they are important because without them I would not be here and they have given me a life I can only be grateful for.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
My role model is my mother because she has given me everything that i want and makes me happy. She is the light of my life and brings me joy.

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree?
I am glad I was born a Bornfree because those years of Apartheid meant that you would be arrested just for the colour of your skin so I am glad to be bornfree.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree?
No, because I am very happy and enjoying it because it is very exciting.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
My idea of a perfect day is to be enjoy the day and be happy that I am still alive and that God gave me another perfect day.

What dream do you have for yourself, or goal you want to achieve?
My dream is to become a business man. I want to start off with my own business and be successful. One of my goals is to become a famous body builder.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
I am a Bornfree and enjoy it very much so all I want to say is enjoy your life while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment