Tuesday 13 November 2012

Bornfree Profile: Kelly from Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA

Today we meet Kelly from Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape.


Tell us who you are and where you're from and staying currently
I am Kelly and I'm from Port Elizabeth, but am currently staying in King Williams Town in the suburb of Schornville

Who do you live with and where?
I live with my Grandmother and Grandfather and two cousins

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that?
I am still attending school and it is my second year in grade 11 and because I want to achieve my goals.

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
My Grandmother because she is the one I can talk to anytime if I have problems. She inspires me with everything and she teaches me to do right and make the right decisions.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
Yes, I have. I admire them because they set an example to me and ecourages me to achieve my goals in life.

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree?
The benefit of being bornfree is being born in the new democracy.

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree?
We are bornfree which means we are in a country that we can make our own rights and at a new beginning of the new democracy.

What's your idea of a perfect day?
A perfect day is not to be afraid to visit a town or city like my parents had to feel and to wake up with a smile on my face.

What dream do you have for yourself, or goal you want to achieve?
My dream is to become a traffic officer and a professional model because I like taking pictures.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Feel free. Do not worry about tomorrow for nobody knows what tomorrow holds, because you are your own boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment