Monday 19 November 2012

Bornfree Profile: Donovan from King Williams Town, Eastern Cape


Welcome to our awesome series of interviews with Bornfrees! We'll be highlighting the stories of Bornfrees from all around South Africa and are keen to hear from YOU if you were born into freedom - make contact through our email bornfrees18@gmail.com or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BornfreesSa or twitter @BornfreesSA

Today we meet Donovan from King Williams Town in the Eastern Cape.


Tell us who you are and where you're from and staying currently

I am Donovan Boswell. I am a male born in the Eastern Cape and am currently staying with my parents in Schornville. I was born in Grey Hospital in King Williams Town

Who do you live with and where?
I am staying in Schornville and living with my parents. I love the environment where I live. There is no drama of any sort going on around here.

What are you doing currently (eg. attending school, working etc) and tell us more about that?
I am currently attending Breidbach Senior Secondary School, because I want to achieve my main goals in life of being able to make a success of myself out there.

Who is the most important person in your life and why?
Well, I actually have two people that I have in mind and that is my mother and father due to the fact that they gave birth to me and raised me to be the person I am today.

Do you have any role models and what do you admire in them?
I admire Nelson Mandela and Hector Pieterson as they both made a change in our lives and without their grace and strength we were not going to have a free world or democracy.

What do you think is the benefit of being a Bornfree?
The benefits of being a Bornfree is that my mother gave birth to me in a new and democratic South Africa

Are there any negative aspects of being a Bornfree?
The advantage is that we are currently not suffering under the rule of Apartheid

What's your idea of a perfect day?
My idea of a perfect day is seriously seeing myself somewhere over ten years from now when I have finished all of my studies and am succesful and looking after my parents and saying thank you for all they did for me.

What dream do you have for yourself, or goal you want to achieve?
My main goal I want to achieve is to make myself happy one day and look back showing my parents that I had made them proud. I want to be a business man.

What message would you share with other Bornfrees?
Never give up on what you do. Enjoy the benefits we got as Bornfrees, because it is all up to us what we make out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment